Are you, or are you about to be, a marijuana facility license holder in the State of Michigan? If so, you should be interested in information and advice about how to maximize your cannabis business’ potential success. The ‘Cultivating A Successful Cannabusiness’ seminar, presented by Cannabis Legal Group, is for cannabis business licensees and especially those whom are about to become licensed.
Our 12th seminar in the past three years, each cannabis event has been heavily attended at the TCF Convention Center (formerly Cobo Center) and increasingly more successful than their predecessor.
When and where is this marijuana event?
Just as years before, the ‘Cultivating a Successful Cannabusiness’ seminar will be held at Cobo Center in Detroit. Location and time are as follows:
Event time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: TCF Center (formerly Cobo Center)
1 Washington Blvd, Room 330A
Detroit, MI 48226
What is the agenda for the ‘Cultivating a Successful Cannabusiness’ seminar?
As many businesses have begun to understand, just getting licensed does not guarantee success in the cannabis industry. Now, you are responsible for running a business in a highly regulated market . Failure to maintain compliance in the cannabis industry carries a significant penalty.
Marijuana operators are especially at risk for IRS audits. The IRS will begin auditing as early as 2020. The penalties are enough to take an operator out of business and even take their personal assets. Marijuana law compliant bookkeeping is absolutely necessary to ensure the IRS is not able to build a case.
Furthermore, we have cultivated a necessary and diverse array of topics that all cannabis business operators must know and who will be presenting them:
- How to Get Your Adult-Use (Recreational) License and Overcoming the Roadblocks with Your Municipality
Barton Morris, Cannabis Legal Group
- Best Practices and Advice in Maintaining MRA Regulatory Compliance
Nick Galendez, Cannabis Legal Group
- Raising Private Equity Capital for Expansion and Business Mergers/Acquisitions Erik Allison, Skytree Capital Partners
- The Importance of Due Diligence in Acquiring a Marijuana Business and Best Practices
Salam Elia, Cannabis Legal Group
- Common Tax Cannabis Consequences and How to Minimize and Eliminate Issues at Audit Time
Venar Ayar, Ayar Law
- Trademark and Protect Your Brand, or Risk Someone Infringing On or Stealing It Travis Copenhaver, Cannabis Legal Group
- Keeping Up with Tax Compliance for Cannabusinesses
Simon Gumma, Cannabis Legal Group
Our keynote speaker, former NBA star and CEO of Viola Brands Al Harrington, will discuss tips for success as a multi-state operator.
- Securatech: Leaders in supplying marijuana business security systems.
- Cannabis Property Brokers: Experienced real estate developers, planners & consultants focused on the Michigan cannabis industry.
Why should I attend this marijuana event?
As with prior events, our attendees come from a diverse background made up of those looking for investments as well as those with good investment opportunities. The networking opportunities alone are worth the time of every marijuana licensee in the State of Michigan. Attendees possess a unique opportunity to consult with our experienced cannabis business attorneys regarding any other issues they wish to discuss.
Further event details are available on our Eventbrite page. Register NOW to reserve your spot before it’s too late >>