Highlights of the Administrative Rules
While there’s an incredible amount of new information regarding the administrative rules, below is a summary of the changes to the four main categories. Read the full Administrative Rules here.
- Creates one single set of rules for all applicants, including all application requirements
- Extends pre-qualification period from one year to two years.
- Adds that a safety compliance facility may be co-located with a non-MRA lab under certain circumstances.
- Increases the timeframe for secure transporters to maintain product from 48 hours to 96 hours.
- Changes waste rules to allow recycling and composting of marijuana plant waste that hasn’t been treated with hazardous chemicals.
- Changes delivery so that it can be dynamic; drivers can have inventory in their vehicle and be dispatched from delivery to delivery.
Sampling and Testing
Marijuana Infused Products and Edible Marijuana Products
- All non-marijuana derived inactive ingredients, other than botanical terpenes, must be:
- Listed on the label
- Below the FDA approved levels, and
- Approved for the intended use of the product.
Interested in learning more about Michigan marijuana rules and regulation? Need corporate counsel? Request a free consultation now.