As of Jan. 2nd, 2020, Michigan’s Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) has issued 54 recreational marijuana business licenses, including 27 to retail stores. This is nearly double the number of licenses that were expected to be issued by Jan. 1st, according to the agency.
Recreational Marijuana Sales
Recreational (adult-use) marijuana sales in Michigan neared $6.5 million during the first month of the new market’s existence and are expected to rapidly grow this year as dozens of more retail shops are licensed. According to Marijuana Industry Daily, recreational marijuana sales are projected to range from $1.4 billion to $1.7 billion a year by mid-2021.
As of Dec. 26th, 2019, there are 27 active adult-use licenses*, including:
- Ann Arbor Healing – 3720 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Arbors Wellness – 321 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Battle Creek Provisioning – 1525 W. Michigan Avenue Suite 11 & 13, Battle Creek MI 49037
- Battle Spring – 2245 W. Columbia Suite 119 & 120, Battle Creek MI 49015
- Bloom City Club – 423 Miller Ave, Ann Arbor MI 48103
- Choice Labs – 3331 Page Ave, Jackson MI 49203
- Elite Wellness – 9423 N. Dort Highway, Mt. Morris MI 48458
- Exclusive Provisioning Centers – 3820 Varsity Drive, Ann Arbor MI 48108
- Green Peak Innovations/Skymint – 1958 South Industrial Highway Suite A and B, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Green Planet Patient Collective – 700 Tappan, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Greenstone – 338 S. Ashley St., Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Herbology – 11392 West Jefferson Ave, River Rouge MI 48218
- Lit Provisioning Centers/Lume Cannabis Co. – 600 West 7th Street, Evart MI 49631
- Meds Cafe – 2352 South US 23, Rogers City MI 49779
- Michigan Supply and Provisions – 1096 E. Main St Suite A, Morenci MI 49256
- Mission Ann Arbor – 111 S. Main St. Suite 1, Ann Arbor MI 48104
- Nature’s Medicines – 3480 E North Union Rd, Bay City, MI 48706
- Nature’s ReLeaf – 4086 South Dort Hwy, Burton MI 48529
- Pinnacle Emporium – 1098 East Main Suite 1 & 2, Morenci MI 49256
- Puff Cannabis Company – 1680 Marquette St., Bay City MI 48706
- Releaf Center for Compassionate Care – 144 W Broad St, Chesaning, MI 48616
- Releaf Center to Compassionate Care – 1840 Terminal Rd, Niles, MI 49120
- Remedii – 989 East Main Street, Morenci MI 49526
- Roots – 3557 Wilder Road, Bay City MI 48706
- The Barn – 3491 E. Bristol Rd Bldg, Burton MI 48529
- The Fire Station – 162 Heritage DR, Negaunee MI 49866
- White River Wellness – 194 N Charles St, White Cloud MI 49349
The MRA has compiled a list of municipalities which have opted in for Adult-Use which can be viewed here.
Recreational Home Delivery
Additionally, the MRA has approved the first three businesses for adult-use home delivery this week: Lit Provisioning Centers in Evart, Battle Creek Provisioning in Battle Creek and Nature’s ReLeaf in Burton. Like medical marijuana delivery, customers will sign up online to place an order. They must provide an ID to verify they are 21 years old or older.
While most payments will be processed online, delivery services are also allowed to accept cash. Click here to learn more about what metro Detroit communities Nature’s ReLeaf will deliver to.
Medical Marijuana Licenses
In regards to medical marijuana licensure, the MRA reported that the following medical marijuana licenses are active as of Dec. 13th, 2019:
- Provisioning Centers: 106
- Provisioning Centers/Home Delivery: 61
- Class A Grower: 17
- Class B Grower: 2
- Class C Grower: 115
- Processors: 19
- Safety Compliance: 6
- Secure Transporters: 13
You can view the municipalities which have opted in for medical marijuana here.
Contact a Cannabis Attorney Today
Whether planning to operate an Adult-Use or Medical Marijuana Facility, it is important to consult a licensed cannabis attorney to set you up for success and ensure all rules and regulations are being met.